Monday, May 24, 2010

Minky Throw


This is a minky throw made of flannel owl fabric on the top and brown minky on the bottom. I put a boarder of minky around the owl fabric. Minky is not my favorite to sew. Here are my tips:

  • Prewash the flannel - it shrinks a ton.
  • Lay minky on the bottom and pin flannel to the minky - really good - lots of pins.
  • Use a walking foot and reduce the foot pressure and increase stitch length
  • I have also read where people use basting spray to keep the fabrics from shifting.

If you don't like the selection of Minky at Beverly's (don't buy it at Joann's) I like to order from minkydelight.com.

Minky is the fabric of choice among my kids! I keep the scraps in a drawer and they play with them all the time.

1 comment:

  1. It looks so soft! I'd love to wrap up in it with a good book!!

    ReplyDelete