Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sally's Room...progress

Sally has convinced me her favorite colors are pink and purple and they need to be in her "youoom" (room). So, I took all the darling pink and brown cupcakes stuff down and I am transforming it into a "Rapunzel" inspired room. So, lots of spray paint is involved!!!I got these frames from thrift shops and garage sales. I took the pictures and glass out and spray painted them heirloom white.


If you preorder the "Tangled" DVD from the Disney store you get 4 Tangled prints and a $10 coupon - no brainer! I knew I wanted to use the pictures in Sally's room, but they are a funny size. So, I used the over sized frames and just tacked the picture in the center - I love how it looks!
This was the quilt that was in Sally's room before, it used to be Ella's but I still like it for some reason. I cute lavender circles and flowers out and appliqued/quilted them right on top and I love the new look it gives.

New flower center and the quilting is swirled
I finally painted this little night stand that I got at a garage sale - 2 of them for $5! It was cream and yellow with yellow and green flowers - I'm sure you've seen the look. 1 can of Heirloom white later and I love it! We also spray painted the thrift jewelry box and the thrift mirror! (notice the Cinderella perfume, it was from Santa and smells so cute!)
I sewed a little quilt to go on top of the nightstand. I love how it turned out - super simple I think it took and hour start to hand sewn binding!
I did really close straight quilting - I love the look but I would not take the time to quilt a large project like this.

I took the puff balls down from her birthday party and hung them in her room (yes I copied Judy on this one). I love them - they give it a light feel. Oh, the puff balls were made from white tissue paper and I lightly spray painted the edges so they have a softer feel!


The bedding still need work - I have big plans to make quilted shams and throw pillows. And I am trying to figure out how to hang string lanterns in the room so it feels like "Tangled."

1 comment: